Hadith and Sunnah is the second primary source of Islamic law and an eternal guidance for Muslims in their individual and collective lives. The purpose of this department is to undertake research with respect to various themes of Hadith sciences including text-based research, translation of hadith compilations, etc.
Objectives of the Department
The department is established to:
- contribute in research on various themes of Hadith sciences
- organize seminars, conferences and extension lectures on Hadith sciences
- facilitate publications of books, monographs, articles and occasional papers on Hadith, Sunnah and its allied discipline, i.e. Sirah.
The department of hadith and sunnah is responsible for research on various dimensions of hadith sciences. The department has coordinated a large number of publications and manuscripts that have been published by IRI from its very inception. The department is also responsible for organizing conferences, seminar and lecture-series on various themes of hadith sciences. The department is also responsible to help the journals of IRI in the process of evaluation of research articles that fall under the category of hadith sciences. Several conferences and seminars have been arranged by the department, including “Hadith studies in the Sub-continent” and “Modern Trends in Sirah Writing”.
A number of valuable books have been published by the department including, “Ilm-I Jarh Wa Tadil” by Dr. Suhail Hasan, “Ahadith-i Ahkam Awr Fuqaha-i Iraq” [Iraqi Jurists and Legal Traditions] by Dr. Mubasher Hussain” etc. The complete list of books published by the department may be visited under the publication department.
The department has following facilities for various activities relating to research on Hadith, Sunnah and Sirah:
- As research centre, the department has huge data base resource centre in the shape of books, articles, and other related material, which are related to various dimensions of Hadith and Sirah studies.
- In Dr. Muhammad Hamidullah Library scholars from all around Pakistan can utilize these resources.
Event Organizing Facilities
The department can utilize various facilities for the event management that are available at Islamic Research Institute (IRI) and IIUI, such as Quaid-e-Azam Auditorium, Allama Iqbal Auditorium, Dr, Muhammad Hamidullah Library, IRI Seminar Room and IRI Press Faisal Masjid Campus, Islamabad.
Department of Hadith and Sunnah
Islamic Research Institute
International Islamic University
Faisal Masjid Campus
P.O. Box 1035
E-mail: [email protected]
Dr. Mubasher Hussain
Contact No. 0092-51-9261586
E-mail: [email protected]