Since the primary and ultimate source of Islam is The Qur’an which is also the supreme criterion of all ideas, values and ideals, thus, it is the utmost effort of Islamic Research Institute (IRI) to provide means of research in this foremost area of Islamic scholarship. For this purpose, IRI is pursuing an ambitious programme of research in Qur’anic studies.
Objectives of the Department
The department was established :
- To organize seminars, conferences and extension lectures on the Qur’anic Studies
- To find out solutions for the problems faced by the Muslim Ummah in particular and the humanity in general in the light of the Qur’an.
- To conduct research on significant topics and themes associated with the Holy Qur’an.
- To revive and rejuvenate the Islamic religious sciences and Islamize the modern sciences in the light of the Qur’an.
- To facilitate publications of books, monographs, articles and occasional papers on the Qur’an, Tafsir and its allied disciplines.
The Department of Qur’anic Studies at Islamic Research Institute is responsible for research on various dimensions of the Qur’anic Sciences. This department has coordinated a large number of publications and manuscripts that have been published by IRI from its very inception. The department is also responsible for organizing conferences and seminars on various themes of the Qur’anic Studies. It has also organized various lectures on the themes of the Qur’an and Qur’anic sciences.
The department is also responsible to help the journals of IRI in the process of evaluation of research articles that are written on the topic of the Qur’anic Sciences.
The department has following facilities for various activities relating to research on the Qur’an and Tafsir:
- As research centre, the department has huge data base resource centre in the shape of books, articles, and other related material, which are related to various dimensions of the Qur’an.
- In Dr. Muhammad Hamidullah Library scholars from all around Pakistan can utilize these resources.
Dr. Muhammad Hamidullah Library has a number of unique manuscripts on the Qur’anic Studies and is trying to preserve these manuscripts. The scholars from all over the world can utilize these manuscripts.
Event Organizing Facilities
The department can utilize various facilities for the event management that are available at Islamic Research Institute (IRI) and IIUI, such as Quaid-e-Azam Auditorium, Allama Iqbal Auditorium, Dr, Muhammad Hamidullah Library, IRI Seminar Room and IRI Press Faisal Masjid Campus, Islamabad.
Department of Qur’anic Studies
Islamic Research Institute
International Islamic University
Faisal Masjid Campus
P.O. Box 1035
E-mail: [email protected]
Dr. Muhammad Ahmad Munir
Head of the Department
E-mail: [email protected]